Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Laughter, the Best Medicine

God continues to warm my heart. God continues to give me a little something each day to smile about. He has allowed me to laugh, really laugh this week. God has shown me love this week. God has proven to me that He is carrying me through this journey. God is real.

Yesterday morning, I was doing the breakfast dishes. Husband was in the front bathroom, using Jacks' electric shaver, shaving. (Jack doesn't use it but once a month)

Husband comes in the kitchen and announces he has just given himself a hair cut. My back was to him, loading the dishwasher. I said, "Yeah, right". He says, "No, look how good it looks". I turned around, and lo and behold, he HAD given himself a haircut. Oh dear.

He had bald spots in some areas, not shaved in other spots. Big chunks of his hair was gone. He had chunks of hair hanging from his neck, dropping to the floor. As these chunks dropped, the dogs, thinking it was some kind of food, started to eat the hair. Realizing it was hair, they both started to choke and cough. Spitting out the hair, they each gave ME a dirty look as if I had tricked them.

There, in all his glory, stood my husband. He had on his boxer shorts, no shirt, socks, with this look of, "See what I did?" look. He looked so proud.

I had errands to run. I told him I would fix it when I got home. He said there was nothing to fix. I was trying my best not to belt out laughing, but, I saw something again. Another sparkle in his eyes. We both busted out laughing.

Kristen got up, I showed her what he had done, both of us still laughing. She took one look at him and all she could say was, "Oh Daddy". She tried fixing it. I will shave him bald today.

Father in law came to visit yesterday. He was here when I got home from my errands. He took me aside, and, being very serious said, "You need to fix his head". I looked at husband, then back at his dad. We both started laughing again. My poor Father in law. He didn't get it. As he left, he looked at us as if we were nuts. Well????

I have learned this week, I am still me. I thought I had lost myself last week. I thought God had forsaken me. I felt so alone last week. I was angry. And I prayed. A simple prayer. I asked Him to help me. Show me He was still there. Warm my heart.

Since then, my God has provided us with an abundance of food. Love. Warmth. And the best ever? Humor.

1 comment:

  1. Sunney Sue,
    Thank you for sharing the way God is answering your prayers. The warmth you feel comes through in your writing, and it warms my heart (and soul) too. Wow, what a week! I feel joyous for you.
    Sincerely,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete