Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Monday, February 6, 2012

Chapters in my Life

I sold the truck yesterday. God is working in my life. Folks, He is so real, so good, so consistent, so faithful.

Yesterday morning, there was a man who woke up and prayed to the Lord, asking for guidance in helping his brother. His brother had been in an accident, not his fault, totaling his car. This brother had recently lost his job as well. So, this man prayed and asked the Lord to guide him so he could help his brother.

I, in the meantime, had taken a call from the ad I had placed. This guy said he would be at my house in 1 hour. 3 hours later, I noticed a man looking at the truck. I thought it was the guy who had called. He came to the door, introduced himself, (was not the guy who had called), said he had been driving around, saw the For Sale sign and wanted to stop.

We took it for a test drive. He then told me about his brother, the accident, his losing his job, no money. He asked me, "Do you pray?" "Why, yes I do", I said. He told me he had prayed that morning to the Lord. He said, "I was driving down Homestead, and I was forced to turn right on your street. As soon as I turned, I saw this truck, and without my even knowing what was happening, I parked, got out and it's like as soon as I saw the truck, I knew."

1 hour later, I followed him to his house, just a few blocks away. When we got there, his wife came out and gave me a hug, then asked, "Do you pray?"

God works. Not in mysterious ways. It's no mystery to Him. He just....works.

The man drove me home. I walked in the front door and there was husband, sitting in the chair. He looked a little sad, so, I went to him and said, "Oh honey, I'm so sorry I had to sell the truck." He looked at me and said, "It's OK."

So, another Chapter in our Book of Life, closed. Another change. Another adjustment. Another decision. Another...............everything.

How many more Chapters do we have left? How long can this go on?

No comments:

Post a Comment