Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Friday, February 24, 2012

I believe!!

Took the day off yesterday. I have been thinking of doing nightly posts, that way, everything is still fresh in my mind. I don't sleep well anymore, because husband doesn't sleep well, and there are some mornings I come here so sleep deprived, it's hard to review the day before. Will try it out, see how it goes.

As far as husband is concerned, nothing new. Same issues. No changes to report as of this morning. Seizures continue. Not a lot left in the memory category. Same blank, haunting look. Same shuffle and dragging of the feet.

Happy to report though, since I put him on the walker, there have no more falls. He can get through the house easier. I think he has accepted the walker and the two have bonded. I was teasing him the other day as he was trying to get around the big dog. She would not budge. I told him I was going to get him a horn to attach to the handles of the walker and the next time ole' Bessie wouldn't move, just blow the horn. I got a chuckle out of him.

The dogs DO NOT like the walker. Once in awhile, the little one will bite the wheels. Bessie will go to the other side of the room when she sees the walker. My dogs, they are so funny.

I will be able to start moving in on Monday. The big move won't happen until next Saturday, but I can start taking boxes in, leaving, (hopefully) only the big stuff for Saturday. The high school boys at our church have volunteered to help load the truck next week. I now will have plenty of help. Wish the move was over with.

So, there you have it. My life, so far. Each day seems to melt into another. Each day looks the same as yesterday. No sudden changes with husband (I'll take it). It's just, well, life. As crappy as it is right now, I know in my heart God chose this for me and I feel blessed to walk this journey. It may be heartbreaking, gut wrenching and just plain not fair, but, God is there, with me, with husband.

I believe this and it's the only thing that gets me through the day anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment