Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Big Trip!!

It wasn't a good day yesterday, nor, was it a bad day. Husband woke up in a weird mood. Nice one minute, not nice the next, depressed the next, happy the next. He ate a good breakfast and went back to bed until about 1:30 or so.

When Jack got home from school, I took the car to get gas. I asked husband if he'd like a coke. He asked me where I was going (I had just told him where I was going) and demanded I take him with me. Now, this gas station/convenience store is just 2 blocks away and to take him with me was the last thing I wanted to do. It takes longer to load him up in the car than it would be for me to go myself.

Smiling through gritted teeth, (here we go with the acting again, oh Hollywood, where are you?) I said, (add a little bit of sarcasm and you get the picture), "sure, come along with me." So, off we go for this big trip, 2 blocks away.

In the two minutes it took me to drive there, husband decided HE wanted to go into the store and get a candy bar as well as the coke I offered to get for him. Oy, oy and another oy.

He insisted on using the walker because HE said the wheelchair would be too much for me. Gee, thanks.

Once we finally got in this small convenience store, rush hour was beginning, people were coming in to get drinks, snacks and gas after their work day. I could see traffic building up outside. McDonalds is next door to this store and the line was beginning for form there as well.

Husband took his time deciding on which candy bar to get. I had already paid for my gas and his coke. The store clerk kept looking at husband, then at me, then back at husband. When husband came around where the clerk could really see him, he realized something was wrong with him mentally as well as physically. Gave me a sympathetic look as I paid for his candy bar.

Got husband settled back in the car, loaded up the walker, got my gas and headed home.

What should have taken me 10 minutes tops, took 40 minutes. When I got back home, Jack asked me what took so long.

Happily, I can report, Jack is still able to walk and talk and I, his mother, did not kill the kid.

Another glimpse into Mi Vida Loca!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment