Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A new ride

My father in law, who has been in denial for over two years, purchased a used electric scooter for husband yesterday. We may have to buy a battery for it, but, otherwise, it's is perfect condition. Of course, I don't know if we can use it when we go out, it may be too heavy for me to lift. I may look into getting a lift and stand for it, for my car. I see them on other cars, but, just don't know how expensive it can cost.

That was a loving gesture. He has done a turn around. Something I had always wanted. We are getting closer, which is nice. I know he is hurting. My heart goes out to him.

And, this scooter couldn't have come at a better time. Like I said previously, husband legs are practically nothing now. No movement, no bending.

Husband is excited about this scooter. Happy even. We pick it up this morning.

I woke in the night to find husband having a seizure. It lasted longer than normal. I laid there, counting the seconds. It lasted for about 45 seconds. Longest one to date. The others would last only about 5 seconds. I hate waking up in the middle of the night and experiencing husband having a seizure. It's dark, everyone is sleeping, so quiet in the house and to witness this, well, it's scary.

Husband seems OK this morning. Tired looking, a little drawn, but OK.

Off we go to get his "new ride", as Jack named it. What a loving gesture by his dad. Husband is happy about it. Who can complain?

No comments:

Post a Comment