Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Friday, April 20, 2012

A Poltergeist?

Not much going on yesterday. I decided to get out the dog clippers and trim my little Snowball. He is a Maltese and you have to brush him, alot. Once I got the hang of it, it went well. He did not like it one bit, but, was patient with me. After his hair cut, I bathed him and he looks so good now.

Husband was quiet, helped me some with Snowball. Other than that, he stayed on the bed and watched TV. Somewhere between his "world" and the real world. In and out of reality. No sudden lapses. I would walk in to check on him, he would glance at me, then back to staring at his TV. A few times, there would be no recognition of me. Other times, he would ask me a question.

In the afternoon, I went into the kitchen to make me what I call my afternoon "cocktail", an espresso. Standing in the middle of the kitchen was his walker. When I took it back to the bedroom, I parked it against the wall on his side of the bed. He looked at the walker, then to me and there was no recognition of me or the walker. Almost as if to say, "what's that?" I didn't say a word, walked back out to the kitchen.

When I find the walker all over the house, it reminds me of the movie, Poltergeist. How the mom would find things stacked up or strange things all over the house? We have two hallways. One leading to the front door and our bedroom and one leading to the other bedrooms, laundry room and the second bathroom. I'l find the walker in that hallway. I'l find the walker by the front door. He will use it, then leave it.

A few days ago, he came out of the bedroom, took the walker to the other hallway, left the walker there, then went back to the bedroom. Why, I don't know. I have learned not to ask why he did something because he doesn't know why.

Yesterday wasn't bad, nor good. It was just a day. Will see what today brings when husband wakes up. Before that happens, I always ask myself what side of the rainbow I will be on today.

No comments:

Post a Comment