Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Friday, April 27, 2012

Hope renewed?

My days all blend into one another since quitting my job and caring for husband.  Some days can be very boring, and let's face it, you can only clean so much.

I have a routine down and find myself restless by 10 AM.  Not much to do after that.  I have been wanting to do something with my hands to keep busy.

I started painting last summer, or, trying to paint.  Tuesday afternoon, I got out the paints, brushes and tried again.  I then realized that I have no talent whatsoever and am only making myself frustrated.

Sitting here, I thought what would I really love to do.  A few years ago, I had done some Stained Glass Painting and was really good at it.  I can't screw it up because you use a pattern.  I then started researching it on the internet and found a bunch of websites that offer cheap ways to create beautiful stained glass projects.  In some of these websites, they suggested instead of using glass, use a substitute, like, Plexiglass, only buy the paints when they are on sale, or, buy the standard 5 colors, using a combination of those to make all the colors of the rainbow.

I found free patterns you can print out, take those to any place that has a copier and blow them up to fit your frame.  Cheap!

At Home Depot, I found a package of 12 11X14" substitute glass for $33.00.  That's 12 projects for me.  Good enough for me to start with, at least.  And, what's good about stained glass painting is, if you don't like it, it peels right off, making it easy to start all over.

I am going to look at garage sales this weekend for a small table to work from.  I will have to start off small, using simple patterns and see what comes of this.

My life has taken a drastic turn of events beyond my control.  What I am facing no one should have to go through.  No one should have to watch as their loved one slip away into their own world.  No one should have to treat your husband as if he were a two year old.  No one!

I woke up this morning with something I haven't felt in over two years.  I couldn't put my finger on it.  Then, as I made my espresso, it hit me.

It was the feeling of excitement.  I am excited.  What a feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment