Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter

Easter Sunday. I hope each and every one of you have a Blessed Day.

We will go to church.

Husband is doing OK. Seems more quiet than usual, but other than that, OK. He has not fought me on the wheelchair issue. I can see the fight gone out of him. He doesn't argue with me anymore. The confusion is constant now. Gone are the days when he would be "with it". He lives in his own world now. He can still be mean at times, but, that is to be expected. He can be very sarcastic to me if I suggest something, but, for the most part, he is in his own world now.

Husband is obsessed with what day of the week it is. He always thinks it's Sunday. When I tell him it's say, Tuesday, he always says, "Oh, I thought it was Sunday." Always Sunday in his mind.

The questions used to bother me, but, now I just go with it. There are questions from the moment he wakes, until he goes back to sleep. When he wakes in the afternoon, the questions begin again. All day, every day.

From just one week ago to yesterday, his legs have virtually become completely stiff. They are hard for him to bend to put his shoes on. He uses the walker to go to the bathroom now. No longer does he attempt to walk holding onto the walls.

His appetite has changed. He does not eat much. I make sure he gets plenty of fluids. As far as eating, he has a good breakfast, no lunch, then, a small dinner. He does not snack.

When we go somewhere, I can see the confusion on his face. The look on his face says that he has absolutely no idea where we are. Except when we go into his Dad's neighborhood. There is a flicker of recognition. Other than that, nothing. When we get to our house, he will say, "Oh, already home? I thought it was further away."

Words are hard for him to form. He will mumble a lot. At first, when this started happening, I thought I just couldn't hear well. He cannot remember how to form words, therefore, he will mumble. When I quote him, I make it like he said it loud and clear. It's not that way in person.

If I am in the bathroom and we are the only two in the house and the phone rings, he goes into panic mode. He doesn't know how to use the phone anymore. When he was at his dad's the other day, I called. As father in law was handing him the phone, I could hear him coaxing husband, saying, "The phone is on, just put it to your ear." He will look at you completely confused.

So, there you have it. Update on husband and the monster. This is where we are at today. Easter Sunday, 2012.

Once again, I wish you all a Blessed Easter. He is Risen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment