Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Friday, May 4, 2012

And they're off!!

I made it to Friday.  It's been a week, but, I made it through.

When I went grocery shopping, I made Kristen go with me to help me with husband.  Those two.  I pretended I didn't know them.  Kristen got the bright idea to race husband.  He with his wheelchair, she with a shopping cart.  People were laughing and smiling at them.  Husband was grinning from ear to ear.  At one time, he found me and on his lap were 10 bottles of Powerade.  I opened my mouth to speak when he said, "They were 10 for 10 dollars."  How could I say no?

I also had to go to Whole Foods to get my tea.  When I pulled in the parking lot, Kristen said, "Hey, Daddy, wanna race again?"  His eyes lit up and I immediately said, "NO."  Told them I was running in and out.  When I got back out, they were jamming to the radio in the car.  What a sight.

When we got home, I noticed that father in law had called.  He wanted to spend the day with husband.  He came to pick him up and told me he was taking husband to Wal Mart.  It gave me some quiet time before I had to get Jack from school.  That was nice.

Husband got home around 4:30.  Father in law looked a little upset.  I didn't ask him what was wrong because I could see what was bothering him.  Husband was having tremors that rocked his whole body.  I helped him in the house.  Father in law stood at his truck looking very sad.  I could see his heart was breaking for his son.  I told him I would take it from here, husband needed to rest.  He looked relieved at that point and left.

Husband rested the rest of the afternoon and evening.  Tremors seemed to subside.  Didn't eat too much for dinner.

When I asked husband if he had had a good day, he smiled, closed his eyes and said, "Yes."  Was he remembering racing through the grocery store with Kristen?  Did he remember he laughed, out loud?  I hope so.  I really do.

No comments:

Post a Comment