Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Maybe?

Took a few days away from posting.  I'm in a funk and don't know how to get out of it.  Everything has hit me all at once.  Just......everything.

I read yesterday that Bobby Vee, a 50's pop singer has Alzheimer's.  He said he's feeling just fine and has a good outlook on his disease.  Are you kidding me?  A good outlook?

Want to see the real "outlook"?  Come to my house.  In my house you will see what Alzheimer's does to you and your family.  Watch as husband attempts to get out of bed in the morning.  Watch as he stumbles to the bathroom.  Watch as he has seizures.  Watch as he get's lost in his own home.

No, there is no good outcome of Alzheimer's.  People who don't know a thing about Alzheimer's and have read that article will probably come away thinking oh, OK, so he's got Alzheimer's, but, he'll be fine.

I read that article and it upset me.  Especially when right after reading it, husband comes and asks me for the 5th time what day is it.

Husband is not doing well.  He's lost in his own world again.  I'm in a funk.  Bet you're sorry you logged into my post, heh?

Honestly, this blog is the "real" side of Alzheimer's.  This is the devastating effects on a family once so full of life.  This is not some glamorized article.  It's the real deal.   This blog deals with real issues.  Mental, physical, financial, and spiritual.  In this blog you find me speaking from my heart and baring my soul to cyberspace.

Maybe tomorrow I will be back to my old self.  Maybe,  I hope so.  Maybe tomorrow I can wake up and find something to smile about.  I have hope.  Maybe tomorrow I can come on here and post a positive post.  Something I can give my readers.  Something to chuckle about.  Something you can share with co-workers or a family member.  You deserve a better post than this one.

Maybe tomorrow.......................................................................................................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment