Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Take these shoes. Please!!

So, today I go to Bible Study.  Maybe my "favorite" person will not attend?  Don't think so.  She is always the first one to arrive.  There she sits, so regal, in "her" spot.  I am not going to let her get to me like she did last week.  I am going to take the advice of one of you and if she speaks out negative towards me, I shall take off my shoes and offer them to her, with me (smiling) and saying, "Here, walk in these shoes."

Today will be my test to see how well I stand up against her.  Who knows, she may apologize?  Stranger things have happened.

Husband has been very confused for the last several days.  I lost count on how many times he asked me yesterday what day it was.

He was looking at the calendar in the kitchen as I was sorting laundry in the laundry room yesterday.   He came into the laundry room and pointed to the calendar.  Then he said, "Did you see the date thing?"  I knew he meant calendar, so I nodded my head.  He then asked me what day it was (again).  I told him.  He goes back to the calendar, looks again, then, comes back to me and says, "Wednesday is my birthday."  "yes, I know," I say with a fake smile.  He looks proud.

Patrick & Christine want to have a BBQ here on Saturday.  They said they would provide the food.  Told husband.  He got very excited.   Why, or why do I do that?  Now, all this week he will ask me what day it is, is it time for his BBQ?

This sander he was talking about has not been brought up again.  Told you he'd forget.

This year, I am not looking forward to his birthday.  We all know why.  It's usually filled with family, food and laughter.  Patrick says he wants to make this, what will in all probability be his last, a festive one.  While he said it, he started to choke up.  OK, OK, I said, we'll do it.

I just don't have it in my heart.  It's just not there.  But, I'll do anything to make him smile.

Except, I still won't buy him that sander!!

1 comment:

  1. hope you can pull off the birthday......I love the idea of handing her your shoes.....oh I hope you do it.

    ReplyDelete