Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A New World

My "friend" at Bible Study has really done a complete turn around.  I honestly think she realizes how she treated me and is trying to make up for it.  I certainly hope it continues.  Lord knows, I don't need anymore crap in my life right now.

Because of vacations, Bible Study will pick up again on the 19th of June.  I'll miss going until then.

Husband is still in his own world with a few glimpses of reality, then, with the blink of an eye,  he retreats into his own world.  A world that really doesn't exist.

It's taken me a few days to adjust to this sudden decline.  I am doing OK today, but, it's early in the morning.  Who knows what today will bring.

I have a few errands to run this morning.  I asked husband if he'd like to come along.  I'd rather not take him, but, he has to get out of the house too.  Might do him some good.

There are days that I feel so alone and isolated.  And that's with people all around me.

Nothing is going to take any of this away.  Nothing.  Maybe that's why I feel the way I do.  There is nothing they can do.  I watch as my husband slips away into the unknown world of Alzheimer's.

I'll be OK, just need to get used to this sudden change in husband.  Takes a few days.  Soon, the sadness and fear goes away.  Reminds me of flying and hitting turbulence.  Once you get higher up, seems to even out.  Until the next bout of turbulence hits.

The only difference is, you eventually land.



No comments:

Post a Comment