Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Sunday, May 20, 2012

On a lighter note

I took Kristen to her class in the early morning yesterday.  On my way home, I decided to bring myself out of this rut I've gotten into.  By the time I got home, I was feeling better, looking forward to a new day.

Hadn't stepped two feet inside the door when husband hollered, "I have to have my medicine.  Did you give me my medicine?  I need it.  I can't remember if you gave it to me or not.  Did you?"  Ever see a movie where there is music playing softly when suddenly, the music comes to a screeching halt?  Yeah, it was like that.

Once I reassured husband he always had his meds after breakfast, I then had to reassure him that no, he had not had breakfast yet.  And so, my day began.

Husband announced last night that he wants a new sander for his birthday.  First of all, he can't remember where he is half the time, but knows his birthday is this week.  Second of all, he explained in great detail how great this sander is, how unique it is, how expensive it is.  Third?  I cannot afford to buy him this wonderful sander.

Also, he will never use it. Oh, he'll take it out of the box, admire it, and tell everyone about his new sander, but use it?  Never. Total waste of money.  However, I cannot tell him that.  So, I did  what I do best. Agreed with him, promised I would take him to Lowe's or Home Depot to look for one.  This is where Alzheimer's may help me out when I'm in a pickle.  He may forget about it today.

Now, I would rather lay on a hot driveway, stark naked, (gasp), than take husband to Lowe's or Home Depot.

I forgot to buy fish food.  Husband wanted to give them dog food last night.  Another thing on my to do list? Make sure I get fish food today and monitor the blasted dog food.

Yeepp........................................................................................................

















No comments:

Post a Comment