Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Saturday, May 12, 2012

May I introduce you to a broken woman?

I took husband to the zoo yesterday.  He had to use the manual wheelchair as I cannot transport the motorized chair because I don't have a lift for the car.  Why do all zoos have so many steep hills?  He wheeled himself on flat land, but, pushing him uphill and downhill took a lot of effort on my part.  My whole body hurt last night.  That was too hard.  Have to see how much lifts cost so I don't have to do this again.

The weather was great, the animals were on their best behavior.  There were also so many schools on field trips.  When we pulled up, I counted 20 school buses.  The zoo was filled with elementary school kids.  We had a nice time though.

We have started going to our Friday night bible study again.  This group is uplifting to me.  I have missed them. The reason we stopped before was by the time our meeting ended, it was dark and husband would become disorientated driving home.  Now that it's still pretty much light outside, he does fine.

We have a new couple in this group.  The wife works, the husband does not.  Cannot find a job.  They are new to the state and don't know a lot of people.  She needs a lot of prayer.  Her husband is a die hard alcoholic.  He loves the Lord, but loves his drink as well.  She really let it all out last night.  She said how alone she feels at times.  I could feel her hurt, anger and frustration.  As we were getting ready to leave, I felt the urge to talk with her.  I went up to her and told her I know how she is feeling, I too am going through something no one should have to go through.  When I told her husband was terminally ill with a very rare form of Alzheimer's had another year to year and a half, she didn't know what to say.  I told her her husband is very sick as well, only in a different sort.  I suggested she call me when she gets so down, I would be happy to help her.  Who knows, maybe we can help each other.

God works in mysterious ways.  I did not want to go last night, as my body hurt from pushing husband at the zoo.  I went anyway and met this woman.  I felt in my heart that God made me go so I could meet her and talk with her.  I want to help her.  I know the anger one feels toward their life.  I know the frustration.  I know what it feels like to have no hope in your life.  I know how at times, I have been brought to my knees, shaking my fist at the heavens and crying out, "Why?"  "Why him, why us?"

Of course, her husband is not technically terminally ill, but sick just the same.  And,he needs help.  A lot of it.

Yes, God works in mysterious ways.  He gave me the opportunity to meet this broken woman.  I can just imagine if He did the introductions:

"Broken woman, meet this broken woman."

No comments:

Post a Comment